Sunday 11 March 2012

Project 1: Concepts

These are the 3 concept ideas I have for my first project.

Concept 1:


Precedent image by Patricia Piccinini





What I got from this image was the idea of melting considering how it looks transformed and unnaturally twisted and how lava a liquid state transforms to a molten rock which is of course a solid state. After thinking about this I got the idea to put my own spin on it and make it so I have a rock at the start instead of the lava and then the rock is animated to melt into lava making it go from a cold lifeless state to lava an alive hot liquid state and after it has turned into lava have it cool down to molten lava so it will be a solid rock state again bit in a completely different form.



Concept 2:

Precedent image by Jason Deamer


 From this image I got the idea of a sponge and I was particularly interested in how the chair is pushing against the sponge like cartoon. Essentially compressing it which further lead me on to think about ideas of compressing a sponge into another shape and what would happen after. So my idea is that the sponge gets squeezed and compressed until the water comes out it takes the form of a compressed square on top of the water that came out of it and then it quickly it de-compressses into a different shape which is a hollow ball with solid walls and the water inside it.



Concept 3:

Precedent image by Jason Deamer




This animation pictureon first glance makes me think of a bouncy shiny and flexible material and something that crosses my mind with these properties is jelly so in my 3rd concept I was going to explore the movement of jelly and then have it freeze start to crack then explode so you are going from a material that has a lot of movement and then having it change into a very stiff object with no fluid movement and have it ecplode from trying to still have that fluid motion.


_____________________________________________________________________________
 Concept 1 picture from: http://lorigordon.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/piccinini2.gif?w=500
 Concept 2 picture from: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEggm9BzXwxlUWm5z_QvjodX1DuQjMeIClf5J5YVS7OTwV0qqVjnpOXQZWk4DSVjTkjU6hh-aI22C93Ch7cN2nnBnAdTzUQ_PvMhAPe-tPpBd3hRPBFKHk3Hqk2zJzJ9s092ZnzHJ5bQCiwr/s1600/LiftedMr.B.jpg
 Concept 3 picture from: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiPnFCS8ANXDdIMd0DApSGFX5tCUG12_nJz1IY3ZYvLRmpGwkctKg10miKOLzTmJa_1suUOcfE_LZDsNX_0WEOm4YgcrVCNmLVqvAJ5Eg32ffzQfnGSduwq1H6dFUkhlGbqImGTyLaY7aLq/s1600/LiftedTeacherSTart+copy.jpg

 

No comments:

Post a Comment