Monday 7 May 2012

Photo shoot 4

This was my first attempt at my new modified idea of ice making shapes as it melts over time like ice sculpture. I tried putting a little bit of colour in the ice which came out in an effective because it highlighted parts of the ice and looked good the only downfall to this is that I cant control where the little bit of colour will set so its risky where I will be having the colour where the ice will get more attention. The shapes came out in a way that I was going for with a variety of different shapes which I made while the ice was melting by putting together the different bits of ice in a variety of different ways. So far I am liking the progress and think that it ties together nicely with the time concept with the elements of ice melting and going to water over time and also with different shapes forming over time which occurs with mos things in the world.

 The set I used for this is on a varnished concrete table at my house with a black back drop. The varnished concrete works well because it provides a reflection with helps to show more detail on the ice and makes it easier to see water for some shots. I made sure I had a black backdrop to let all the focus be on the subject and It was a good solution with correct lighting to make the ice as visible as possible. 




No comments:

Post a Comment