Friday 4 May 2012

Character Description




My Character for the second project is Bob and Rob the blobs. My idea came from “banana” from a short animation of the minions from the movie “Despicable me” and for my concepts I got my inspiration from Eva from the movie “Wall-e”. I like how both these things were very playful and simple with the animation and character design.
My Characters Bob and Rob, who are brothers, are not born with legs or arms they get them over time or with “upgrade” rooms which speed their grown up which is why Rob the older one only has legs and Bob does not have legs or arms. Although the main body of Bob and Rob is blob like material the legs and arms of these blobs are a lot stronger and robust because they normally get them at an older age. Bob being the main character is a child blob who typically likes to play childish games and doesn’t like to give up but has always been known to get upset when he loses therefore, Bob is a sore loser. Rob is very similar but being older and a little bit more mature he is not as over reactive.
With my character I wanted to show a lot of different emotions when reacting to different situations like how a child would. I wanted to have Bob go from a happy little blob to a sad little blob in an instance. To help give more attention to their facial expressions the design of the characters is very basic, this also fits in with what age they are as well.
 The blobs are in an indoor playground place where there is lots of room but not a lot of activities because there isn’t a lot a Blob can do even  for the older kids since there is only hand swings there for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment