Monday 6 August 2012

scene development


(4)
 Added in the fox and deer

(3)
Added more detail, putting in shadows for the tree, detail to the water and light beams

(2)
Added more hills and put down saturation and opacity to create a depth of field.

(1)


With my scene I was pretty happy on how it was but I think that it needed more to it so I put the scene into Photoshop and started playing around with things I could do with it. the first thing I realized was that there was too much sky so I decided to add in some hills behind the bit of grass that I already had (1) I thought it added too the scene and I even put the saturation down to look like it was behind the main bit of the scene but it wasn't enough so added more hills into it and played around with opacity's so I the viewer would get a stronger view of the perception of a depth of field (2). after this I though I had a solid scene so I started looking at detail I could add and started off with adding a shadow to the tree for a bit of realism and making sure to make the shadow on the main hill darker than the one on the second hill which would happen in real life. I also put light beams across the sky in since I didn't want the sun in my scene but to still give that feeling of a sunny day into the scene and finally added detail to the water pond (3). Finally, I wasn't expecting to do this but I liked some of my sketch's so much and I though it made sense since they were woodland creatures so I added them to my scene. not only does this add to the scene but I put the fox and deer facing the tree which helps the player of the game no that the center of attention and the "problem" that needs to be fixed is to do with the tree. Another thing I last minute decided to add as well was the highlight on some of the hills(4).

No comments:

Post a Comment