Saturday 18 August 2012

CCDN231: Variations


With my sense of putting on shoes the first one that I was sure I would end up using was a blind fold to take away the sense of sight considering that in my last few experiments the previous assignment most people tended to naturally look down at their shoes while they put their shoes on. While recording people doing this on my first attempt while making it basic and having people put their shoes on in the normal way they would and only changing it by having them close there eyes to take away sight. I noticed that there was a change in their co-ordination but not a lot they seemed to rely on feel a little bit more but it wasn’t a struggle for them at all. After this I then decided to experiment a bit more and make them more un comfortable when doing this and make them put their shoes on again but with a blond fold on and on the edge of a step. This came out with interesting results as the fact that they were on the very edge of the step seemed to put them off a significant amount and I noticed that they would wobble a bit more than usual and take longer to put their shoes on more slowly and carefully. A failed attempt I had which didn’t have a lot of good feedback from is when I got them to put their shoes on blindfolded without being able to use their hands at all so restricting them to just their feet with the sense of sight still being taken away. I thought that this would put a few people off considering quite a few people use the aid of their hands but as soon as their foot touched the shoe they instinctively knew what to do. A final test that I did was to test a more extreme situation and to get people to put on their shoes again with the blind fold but to put them in a very bizarre an unnatural situation and have them put their shoes on a moving object, using a long board for this. This made it very difficult just because of the movement for some of them and the movement and the “fear” that they could not properly put on their shoes too easily distracted them. From all of these experiments I have found out firstly the obvious that it is hard to put your shoes on, blindfolded on a ,oveing object. But also a big factor with these expiriments was confidence. It was an easy task at hand but if the people where out of there element and doing an everyday task in an un ordinary was their confidence falted which impacted heavily on their ability to do the task at hand. 

EDIT: This was completely wrong. starting over.

No comments:

Post a Comment